TREC Approved Non-Elective Continuing Education Course
Course Title: Broker Responsibility
Course Credit Hours: 6
Course Number: 44547
This real estate course will address the regulatory aspects of the management, operation, and supervision of a real estate brokerage firm in Texas. The course provides an understanding and working knowledge of the law of agency, planning, and organization of business entities, requirements for written policies and procedures, records retention and control, advertising, recruitment and training of agents, and the anatomy of a complaint filed with Texas Real Estate Commission TREC).
Who Must Take This Course?
The following persons are required to take the course:
- A broker who sponsors sales agents;
- A designated broker of a business entity who sponsors sales agents; and
- A license holder who is delegated supervisor according to TREC rule §535.2(e).
NOTE: A real estate license holder who is not required to take the Broker Responsibility course may take this course and receive six hours toward continuing education (CE) requirements.
ANY license holder who leads, supervises, directs, or manages a team must be delegated as a supervisor by the broker and is required to complete this course before each license renewal.
- Please note the following regarding your 4MeCE.com course:
- The course material is presented in online “lessons,” which are the learning units of the course. After clicking “Begin Course” below, you will be taken to the Table of Contents, where you will click on the first “lesson” of the course. Other lessons in the Table of Contents will not be available until you have gone through the first lesson
- Once in a lesson, click the Next button on each screen to progress through the material.
- The State of Texas https://www.trec.texas.gov/education has mandated the rules for taking this course and exam. In particular:
- This is an interactive course it uses a timer located at the bottom of each lesson page.
- There are no printed materials.
- There is a final exam.
- Approximately once per hour, you will be required to re-authenticate.
- After completing the course, you will be awarded credit for the course.
- If you need assistance viewing these courses, or have questions about the course material, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or https://4mece.com/contact-us/