TREC Approved Elective Continuing Education Course
Credit Hours: 2
Course Title: Introduction to Commercial Real Estate
Course Number: 44663
Course Description: The course will provide an overview of the various aspects of the commercial real estate industry. It will also explore current trends and challenges in the industry, such as sustainability and technology. Students will learn about the different types of commercial properties, including office buildings, retail centers, and apartments. While gaining a general understanding of the commercial real estate industry and being prepared to begin a career in the field.
- Please note the following regarding your 4MeCE.com course:
- The course material is presented in online “lessons,” which are the learning units of the course. After clicking “Begin Course” below, you will be taken to the Table of Contents, where you will click on the first “lesson” of the course. Other lessons in the Table of Contents will not be available until you have gone through the first lesson
- Once in a lesson, click the Next button on each screen to progress through the material.
- Active brokers and sales agents are required to take 18 hours of approved continuing education (CE) prior to license renewal every two years. Eight hours of this CE must include 4 hours in TREC Legal Update I and 4 hours in TREC Legal Update II.
- The State of Texas https://www.trec.texas.gov/education has mandated the rules for taking this course and/or exam. In particular:
- This is an interactive course it uses a timer located at the bottom and top of each lesson page.
- There are no printed materials.
- There is a final exam.
- Approximately once per hour, you will be required to re-authenticate.
- To allow for Student to Student interaction, you will be able to post entries or respond to other student entries throughout the course. At any time, you can always comment by entering your comments at the bottom of the course pages.
- After completing the course and passing the final exam, you will be awarded credit for the course.
- If you need assistance viewing these courses, or have questions about the course material, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or https://4mece.com/contact-us/
License Renewal Process: The process to renew in this state is to log in to the licensing system online and follow the prompts to renew. If TREC records do not reflect completion of CE requirements at the time you submit your renewal application, you must pay a $200 CE Deferral Fee, or renew in inactive status. Payment of the CE Deferral Fee allows you to remain active for an additional 60 days from your expiration date to complete CE requirements.